E-Cigarettes warning. Is your workplace protected?

A man was killed when a charging E-cigarette exploded and ignited oxygen equipment he is believed to have been using, Merseyside’s fire service said.

The 63 year old victim was found in the living room of a house in Penkett Road, Wallasey.

A small fire in the bedroom of the property had gone out before Merseyside firefighters arrived. Since January, nine fires involving E-cigarettes have been recorded in Merseyside.

Most workplaces will have a smoking policy in place. However, since the introduction of the e-cigarette around 3 years ago, it is important to update and review your policy around employees using them in the workplace. For more information around the use of E-cigarettes at work please contact us here